|Olive oil||½ tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced||2|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat removed, and sliced into thin strips||½ pound|
|Medium carrot, sliced into ¼ inch pieces||1|
|Medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips||1|
|Snow peas, ends trimmed||1 cup|
|Hoisin sauce||1/3 cup|
- Heat oil in a wok (or large nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and beef, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until beef is cooked through. Place meat onto a plate and wipe out pan.
- Add the carrot and water to the wok. Cover partially and stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pepper and snow peas and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce, increase the heat to high, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook for about another minute.
3 lean meats; 3 vegetables; 1 fat; 1 starch
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
Prepare according to package directions.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery