|Olive oil||½ tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced||2|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat removed, and sliced into thin strips||½ pound|
|Medium carrot, sliced into ¼ inch pieces||1|
|Medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips||1|
|Snow peas, ends trimmed||1 cup|
|Hoisin sauce||1/3 cup|
- Heat oil in a wok (or large nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and beef, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until beef is cooked through. Place meat onto a plate and wipe out pan.
- Add the carrot and water to the wok. Cover partially and stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pepper and snow peas and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce, increase the heat to high, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook for about another minute.
3 lean meats; 3 vegetables; 1 fat; 1 starch
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
Prepare according to package directions.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea