|Olive oil||½ tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced||2|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat removed, and sliced into thin strips||½ pound|
|Medium carrot, sliced into ¼ inch pieces||1|
|Medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips||1|
|Snow peas, ends trimmed||1 cup|
|Hoisin sauce||1/3 cup|
- Heat oil in a wok (or large nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and beef, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until beef is cooked through. Place meat onto a plate and wipe out pan.
- Add the carrot and water to the wok. Cover partially and stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pepper and snow peas and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce, increase the heat to high, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook for about another minute.
3 lean meats; 3 vegetables; 1 fat; 1 starch
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
Prepare according to package directions.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery