|Olive oil||½ tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced||2|
|Boneless sirloin steak, visible fat removed, and sliced into thin strips||½ pound|
|Medium carrot, sliced into ¼ inch pieces||1|
|Medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips||1|
|Snow peas, ends trimmed||1 cup|
|Hoisin sauce||1/3 cup|
- Heat oil in a wok (or large nonstick skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and beef, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until beef is cooked through. Place meat onto a plate and wipe out pan.
- Add the carrot and water to the wok. Cover partially and stir occasionally for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pepper and snow peas and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce, increase the heat to high, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook for about another minute.
3 lean meats; 3 vegetables; 1 fat; 1 starch
Side Suggestions: Brown Rice
Prepare according to package directions.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms