|Hazelnuts, roughly chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Penne||6 ounces (slightly less than ½ of a 1-pound box of pasta)|
|Olive oil||½ tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves, thinly sliced||2|
|Swiss chard, stemmed and chopped (works with spinach too)||1 bunch|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Grated Parmesan||2 tablespoons|
- Toast hazelnuts in a small skillet over low heat. Stir and toss for a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. When pasta is done, reserve ½ cup of water before draining.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add chard and sprinkle with salt. Increase heat to medium-high and stir until chard begins to wilt. Cover the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the reserved pasta water and butter to the chard, and cook until the butter is melted. Then add the drained pasta, mix well, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Season with pepper to taste. Portion onto two plates, and top with parmesan and hazelnuts.
4 starches; 2 vegetables; 2 fats; ½ high-fat meat substitute
Side Suggestions: Bruschetta
Thinly slice a wheat baguette. Rub slices with a peeled garlic clove and place onto a baking sheet. Toast in an oven preheated to 475˚ F for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Chop and combine 6 deseeded tomatoes, 2 small yellow onions, and 2 garlic cloves. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add tomato mixture and sauté for a few minutes (the onions and tomatoes should not start to brown). Mix in 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dry); spoon onto baguette slices and serve.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea