|Swiss chard, cleaned and ends trimmed||½ pound (about 1 bunch)|
|Low-fat ricotta cheese||10 ounces|
|Parmesan cheese, shredded||2/3 cup|
|Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded||2/3 cup|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Small yellow onions, diced||2|
|Garlic cloves, sliced||3|
|Crushed tomatoes||28-ounce can|
|Dried basil||1 teaspoon|
|No cook lasagna noodles (need about ½ box)||1 box|
|1% milk||½ cup|
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place the chard in a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and let cool a bit. Squeeze out any excess water and cut the chard into large pieces.
- Mix chard, ricotta, and 1/3 cup of each type of shredded cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and add tomatoes and basil. Cook for 10-15 minutes without a lid, stirring occasionally.
- Coat a 9x9-inch, or similar-sized, baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Layer first with the chard-ricotta mixture, then the noodles, and then the sauce. Repeat layers about 2 more times (or until sauces run out), finishing with tomato sauce on top. Add the milk around the pan’s edges and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 30-35 minutes.
1 starch; 2 vegetables; 1.5 dairy; 1 medium-fat meat; ½ fat
Side Suggestions: Classic Salad
Wash, slice, and dry romaine lettuce. Add sliced tomatoes, red onion, and cucumber. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, or dressing of your choice.
Side Suggestions: Whole Wheat Baguette
|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea