Symptoms of Insomnia
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Difficulty staying asleep
- Early awakening.
- Not feeling refreshed after sleep and/or feeling tired during the day despite having enough hours for sleep
- Difficulty concentrating
- Performance at work or school is suffering
- Lack of energy or motivation
- More errors or accidents at work or while driving
- Tension headaches and/or gastrointestinal problems
- Worries about sleep
Can't Sleep? What to know about insomnia. National Sleep Foundationwebsite. Available at: http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/sleep-related-problems/insomnia-and-sleep . Accessed May 15, 2013.
Insomnia. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed/what.php . Updated April 11, 2013. Accessed May 15, 2013.
Morenthaler T, Kramer M, Alessi C, et al. Practice parameters for the psychological and behavioral treatment of insomnia: an update. An American Academy of Sleep Medicine report. Sleep . 2006;29:1415-1419.
Parmet S, Burke A, Glass RM. Insomnia. JAMA Patient Page . 2006 June 28.295(24).
More from Beliefnet
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission