|Jonagold or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, halved, and cored||2|
|Apple juice or water||2 cups|
|Orange marmalade||½ cup|
|Large egg whites||2|
|Chopped, toasted almonds||2 tablespoons|
- In small saucepot, poach apples in apple juice for 8-10 minutes or until barely tender. Drain.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of marmalade into center of each half.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Gradually beat in sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in almonds.
- Cover tops of apple halves to edges with egg white mixture.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||0% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia