|Jonagold or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, halved, and cored||2|
|Apple juice or water||2 cups|
|Orange marmalade||½ cup|
|Large egg whites||2|
|Chopped, toasted almonds||2 tablespoons|
- In small saucepot, poach apples in apple juice for 8-10 minutes or until barely tender. Drain.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of marmalade into center of each half.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Gradually beat in sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in almonds.
- Cover tops of apple halves to edges with egg white mixture.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||0% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery