|Jonagold or Golden Delicious apples, peeled, halved, and cored||2|
|Apple juice or water||2 cups|
|Orange marmalade||½ cup|
|Large egg whites||2|
|Chopped, toasted almonds||2 tablespoons|
- In small saucepot, poach apples in apple juice for 8-10 minutes or until barely tender. Drain.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of marmalade into center of each half.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Gradually beat in sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in almonds.
- Cover tops of apple halves to edges with egg white mixture.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||0% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations