Scrambled Eggs With Edible Cactus
Ingredients and Preparation
|Pine nuts||2 tablespoons|
|Edible cactus (nopales), de-prickered, rinsed, and cut into ¼-inch squares||¼ pound edible cactus (nopales), de-prickered, rinsed, and cut into ¼ inch squares|
|Peeled and diced medium-hot chili-pepper or low sodium diced tomatoes||2 tablespoons|
|Egg substitute||1¾ cup|
|Salt and pepper|
- Toast nuts in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring often. Reserve.
- Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray. Stir in cactus.
- Toss gently over moderate heat until crisp-tender (about 4-5 minutes). Stir in chili-pepper.
- Blend eggs, adding salt to taste.
- Add eggs to cactus and chilies. Stir often until set.
- Sprinkle with pepper and pine nuts and serve hot.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||8% DV|
Current Research From Top Journals