|Packed brown sugar||¾ cup|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Blueberries, washed||1 cup|
|Blackberries, washed||1 cup|
|Rhubarb, diced||1 cup|
|Walnuts, chopped||½ cup|
|Packed brown sugar (topping)||¼ cup|
|Walnuts, chopped (topping)||½ cup|
|Ground cinnamon (topping)||½ teaspoon|
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine applesauce, egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to rack.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 2; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations