|Packed brown sugar||¾ cup|
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Blueberries, washed||1 cup|
|Blackberries, washed||1 cup|
|Rhubarb, diced||1 cup|
|Walnuts, chopped||½ cup|
|Packed brown sugar (topping)||¼ cup|
|Walnuts, chopped (topping)||½ cup|
|Ground cinnamon (topping)||½ teaspoon|
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine applesauce, egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in rhubarb and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to rack.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 2; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children