Nectarine and Almond Breakfast Gratin
Ingredients and Preparation
|Butter, cut into small pieces, plus an additional teaspoon||1 tablespoon|
|Egg substitute||¼ cup|
|All purpose flour||¼ cup|
|Nectarines, thinly sliced||2 cups|
|Almonds, coarsely chopped||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat an oven to 425°F.
- Using 1 teaspoon of the butter, grease an 8- or 9-inch gratin dish or other shallow baking dish, then sprinkle it with 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Arrange the fruit in the dish.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and salt and whisk together. When well-mixed, gradually whisk in the flour.
- Pour this cream-like batter over the fruit. Sprinkle the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, butter, and almonds over the top.
- Bake until the batter is set, the butter melted, and the fruit cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
California Tree Fruit Agreement
|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||6% DV|
Current Research From Top Journals