|Plums, any variety, pitted and sliced||2 cups|
|Egg substitute||1 cup|
|Fat-free milk||2 tablespoons|
|½-inch thick slices of bread||4|
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and the water over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cook until a thin syrup forms, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the plums and continue to cook, stirring often, until the plums soften, another 4-5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla.
- Remove from heat, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- In shallow baking dish, combine the eggs and milk and beat them lightly. Add the bread in a single layer, soaking the first side 1-2 minutes, then turning and soaking the other side.
- In large frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat until it foams.
- Add the bread and cook until golden, 3-4 minutes. Turn with a spatula and cook the other side until golden, another 3-4 minutes.
- Put one piece of the bread on each of the 4 plates. Over each, spoon some of the warm plums and their sauce and sprinkle with a little confectioner's sugar. Serve immediately.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
California Tree Fruit Agreement
|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea