|Egg substitute (crepes)||1 cup|
|Fat-free milk (crepes)||1¾ cups|
|All-purpose flour (crepes)||1/3 cup|
|Salt (crepes)||½ teaspoon|
|Sugar (crepes)||1 teaspoon|
|Peaches, pitted and thinly sliced (filling)||6|
|Ricotta cheese (filling)||1½ cups|
|Sugar (filling)||1 tablespoon|
|Fat-free milk (filling)||4 tablespoons|
- To make the crepes, combine the eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk, then, little by little, whisk in the flour, salt, and sugar to make a thin, lump-free batter. If, despite your best efforts, there are still lumps, strain the batter through several thicknesses of cheese cloth.
- Cover the batter and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- If the batter still seems too thick—it should be the consistency of thick cream—thin it by beating in a little milk.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet, preferably nonstick. The pan is ready when a drop of butter placed in it sizzles and spatters.
- Drop in a teaspoon of butter and melt it over medium-high heat, coating the pan by tipping it from side to side.
- Pour a scant ¼ cup of batter into the pan, quickly tipping and turning the pan to cover the bottom. Pour off any excess. In a very short time, the batter will begin to have bubbles on its surface and the edge will begin to pull away from the side of the pan.
- Using a spatula, turn over the crepe and cook it just a moment on the other side. Remove to a covered plate and keep warm.
- Repeat until all batter has been used. In a bowl combine the ricotta, the 1 tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of the milk and mix until creamy, adding more milk if desired. It should be easily spreadable.
- Fill the creps with the ricotta mixture and roll up. Top with peaches and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
California Tree Fruit Agreement
|Serving Size||2 crepes (out of 16 crepes)|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission