|Taro root||1¾ pounds|
|Light olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Large onion, (use sweet onion) finely diced||1|
|Jalapeño chili, cored seeded and finely diced||2|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Carrot, grated||1 cup|
|Italian parsley, chopped||3 tablespoons|
|All-purpose flour||½ cup|
- Place the taro in a large steamer, cover, and steam for 30-40 minutes, or until very tender. Cover with cold water, then peel when cool enough to handle.
- Cut each taro root into several pieces and beat with an electric mixer until it has the consistency of smooth paste.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Warm the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and jalapenos until very soft but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the egg substitute, salt, carrot, and parsley to the taro paste. Add the onion mixture and combine well.
- Cover a large plate with flour. Scoop about twelve 1/8
- Using the palm of your hand, flatten each ball into a patty about ½ inches thick.
- Lay the patties on a greased cookie sheet.
- Lightly coat the tops of the cakes with cooking spray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn the patties and bake for 10 minutes more, or until golden brown.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Melissa’s World Variety Produce, Graham Kerr
|Serving Size||2 patties|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||160% DV|
|Vitamin C||220% DV|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission