|Red bell peppers||6|
|Ripe peaches, diced||2|
|Fat-free cream cheese||6 tablespoons|
|Fresh basil leaves, julienne||10|
|Ground black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
- Fire roast red peppers over an open flame until skin blisters. Remove skin.
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds and stem. Cut each half into three long strips.
- In a bowl, combine peaches, cream cheese, and basil. Mix until combined.
- To assemble, place peppers flat, skin-side down. Put ½ teaspoon of peach mixture on one end of each pepper slice. Roll up pepper, peach mixture will be in the center.
- Brush the rolled peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slide a toothpick through each rolled pepper.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
California Tree Fruit Agreement
|Serving Size||3 pepper rolls|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||30% DV|
|Vitamin C||270% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children