Red Pepper Rolls
Ingredients and Preparation
|Red bell peppers||6|
|Ripe peaches, diced||2|
|Fat-free cream cheese||6 tablespoons|
|Fresh basil leaves, julienne||10|
|Ground black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
- Fire roast red peppers over an open flame until skin blisters. Remove skin.
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds and stem. Cut each half into three long strips.
- In a bowl, combine peaches, cream cheese, and basil. Mix until combined.
- To assemble, place peppers flat, skin-side down. Put ½ teaspoon of peach mixture on one end of each pepper slice. Roll up pepper, peach mixture will be in the center.
- Brush the rolled peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slide a toothpick through each rolled pepper.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
California Tree Fruit Agreement
|Serving Size||3 pepper rolls|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||30% DV|
|Vitamin C||270% DV|
Current Research From Top Journals