|Olive oil, divided||2 teaspoon|
|Chopped celery||½ cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Dried oregano||½ teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley||1 tablespoon|
|Egg substitute||2 cups|
|Red bell peppers, chopped||2|
|Chopped onions||½ cup|
- In a large oven-proof frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add the red peppers, celery, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl lightly whisk together the egg substitute, parsley, oregano, and black pepper. Stir in the vegetable mixture.
- In the same frying pan over medium heat warm the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. Add the egg mixture and cook until brown around the edges. Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Sprinkle the frittata with the parmesan.
- Place the pan about 5 inches from the heat and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve cut into wedges.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||70% DV|
|Vitamin C||260% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children