|Purple seedless grapes||1 cup|
|Chopped pineapple||1 cup|
|Apple juice||¼ cup|
|Kiwifruits, peeled and cut into ½ inch thick slices||2|
|Nonfat plain yogurt||¼ cup|
|Small bananas, cut into ½ inch thick slices||2|
|Small strawberries||1/3 cup|
|Melon balls||1/3 cup|
- For the dip, in a small saucepan, bring the pineapple and apple juice to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let stand about 25 minutes or until cool.
- Transfer the pineapple mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the yogurt and blend or process until smooth. If desired, cover and chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- Place the bananas in a small bowl. Drizzle with the orange juice, then gently toss until coated. Cut the kiwi slices into quarters.
- For the kebabs, thread the grapes, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, melon balls, and blackberries onto 4 inch bamboo skewers. Serve with the dip.
Fruit: 2; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1 kebab|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||4% DV|
|Vitamin C||120% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations