|Skim or low fat milk||½ cup|
|Sugar||3 tbsp, divided|
|Salt, optional||¼ tsp|
|Fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed and drained if frozen)||1½ cups|
|Ground cinnamon||¼ tsp|
|Sliced bananas||½ cup|
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place butter in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Melt butter in oven, about 5 minutes; tilt plate to coat evenly with butter.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar and salt until smooth.
- Pour batter into plate; bake for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375ºF. Bake until pancake is golden brown and sides are puffy, about 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- While that is baking, combine blueberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove pancake from oven; scatter bananas over pancake.
- Spoon blueberries over bananas. Cut into wedges; serve immediately.
- For more servings, double all ingredients; bake in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan about 20-25 minutes at 425°F.
Fruit: 2; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/3 of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children