|Skim or low fat milk||½ cup|
|Sugar||3 tbsp, divided|
|Salt, optional||¼ tsp|
|Fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed and drained if frozen)||1½ cups|
|Ground cinnamon||¼ tsp|
|Sliced bananas||½ cup|
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place butter in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Melt butter in oven, about 5 minutes; tilt plate to coat evenly with butter.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar and salt until smooth.
- Pour batter into plate; bake for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375ºF. Bake until pancake is golden brown and sides are puffy, about 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- While that is baking, combine blueberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove pancake from oven; scatter bananas over pancake.
- Spoon blueberries over bananas. Cut into wedges; serve immediately.
- For more servings, double all ingredients; bake in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan about 20-25 minutes at 425°F.
Fruit: 2; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/3 of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations