|Juice of half a lemon|
- Peel and seed cantaloupe. Cut into 1 inch pieces. (It should equal about 6 cups.)
- Place in blender or food processor with lemon juice and honey, and puree until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 9 x 12 inch glass pan and set in the freezer for two hours.
- With a fork, chip and stir the icy mixture and return it to the freezer for two to four hours.
- Peel and cut mango into long, thin, attractive slices, avoiding the pit (which is shaped like a large almond).
- Again with a fork, chip the frozen cantaloupe mixture so it resembles a snow cone or shaved ice.
- Spoon it into clear bowls, top with mango slices, and serve.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||100% DV|
|Vitamin C||110% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery