|Juice of half a lemon|
- Peel and seed cantaloupe. Cut into 1 inch pieces. (It should equal about 6 cups.)
- Place in blender or food processor with lemon juice and honey, and puree until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 9 x 12 inch glass pan and set in the freezer for two hours.
- With a fork, chip and stir the icy mixture and return it to the freezer for two to four hours.
- Peel and cut mango into long, thin, attractive slices, avoiding the pit (which is shaped like a large almond).
- Again with a fork, chip the frozen cantaloupe mixture so it resembles a snow cone or shaved ice.
- Spoon it into clear bowls, top with mango slices, and serve.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||100% DV|
|Vitamin C||110% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery