|Juice of half a lemon|
- Peel and seed cantaloupe. Cut into 1 inch pieces. (It should equal about 6 cups.)
- Place in blender or food processor with lemon juice and honey, and puree until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shallow 9 x 12 inch glass pan and set in the freezer for two hours.
- With a fork, chip and stir the icy mixture and return it to the freezer for two to four hours.
- Peel and cut mango into long, thin, attractive slices, avoiding the pit (which is shaped like a large almond).
- Again with a fork, chip the frozen cantaloupe mixture so it resembles a snow cone or shaved ice.
- Spoon it into clear bowls, top with mango slices, and serve.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||100% DV|
|Vitamin C||110% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children