|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|No salt added stewed tomatoes, undrained||2 cans (14½ ounces each)|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Cannellini beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Red kidney beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Green pepper, diced||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Basil leaves||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Uncooked small shell pasta||4 ounces|
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot; add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, broth, water, beans, parsley, basil, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately with whole wheat bread and side salad.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||45% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea