|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|No salt added stewed tomatoes, undrained||2 cans (14½ ounces each)|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Cannellini beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Red kidney beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Green pepper, diced||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Basil leaves||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Uncooked small shell pasta||4 ounces|
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot; add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, broth, water, beans, parsley, basil, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately with whole wheat bread and side salad.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||45% DV|
A meta-analysis found that mothers participating in a prenatal exercise group were less likely to have a large newborn, less likely to need a cesarean section, and no more likely to have a low birthweight baby than those who did not exercise. The study supports proper prenatal care advice which advocates for mothers to exercise during pregnancy if allowed by the physician.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children