|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|No salt added stewed tomatoes, undrained||2 cans (14½ ounces each)|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Cannellini beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Red kidney beans, drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Green pepper, diced||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||¼ cup|
|Basil leaves||1 teaspoon|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Uncooked small shell pasta||4 ounces|
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot; add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, broth, water, beans, parsley, basil, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately with whole wheat bread and side salad.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||40|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||45% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations