|Fresh plums||1½ pounds|
|Fresh or frozen raspberries||1 cup|
|Cinnamon sticks||3 (3 inch)|
|Red dinner wine||1½ cup|
|Corn starch||1 tablespoon|
- Combine plums, berries, cinnamon, and red wine in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch with ½ cup water. Add to soup and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Cool. Discard cinnamon then puree in electric blender.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, portion soup into shallow bowls. Add small scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt to the center of each bowl and garnish with mint, if desired. (Note: Frozen yogurt is not included in the Nutritional analysis per serving.)
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Plum-Raspberry Dessert Soup
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||10% DV|
|Vitamin C||35% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea