|Finely chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, finely chopped||2|
|Celery, diced||1 cup|
|Curry powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1/8 teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 cup|
|Pumpkin puree||1 can (32 ounces)|
|Fat-free half-and-half||1 cup|
|Sour cream and chives for garnish|
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in curry powder, coriander, and crushed red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add water and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes to develop flavors.
- Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover.
- Blend until creamy. Serve warm or reheat to desired temperature.
- Garnish with dollop of sour cream and chives.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Vitamin A||680% DV|
|Vitamin C||6% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children