|Finely chopped onion||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, finely chopped||2|
|Celery, diced||1 cup|
|Curry powder||1 teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1/8 teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 cup|
|Pumpkin puree||1 can (32 ounces)|
|Fat-free half-and-half||1 cup|
|Sour cream and chives for garnish|
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in curry powder, coriander, and crushed red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Add water and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes to develop flavors.
- Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover.
- Blend until creamy. Serve warm or reheat to desired temperature.
- Garnish with dollop of sour cream and chives.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Vitamin A||680% DV|
|Vitamin C||6% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea