|Low sodium chicken stock||5 cups|
|Rice vinegar||¼ cup|
|Cayenne pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground dried ginger||¼ teaspoon|
|Raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined||1 pound|
|Radishes, sliced||1½ cups|
|Spinach leaves, shredded||1½ cups|
|Green onions, thinly sliced||1 cup|
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring stock to a boil.
- Stir in vinegar, sugar, cayenne, and ginger.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turn pink and curl, about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in radishes, spinach, and green onions.
- Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes before serving.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 3; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||25% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children