|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Onion, chopped||1½ cups|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Lima beans, rinsed and drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, beans, salt, and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Pour soup into blender; puree until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and stir in evaporated milk. Heat thoroughly, top with fresh parsley.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||14 g|
|Vitamin A||8% DV|
|Vitamin C||45% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations