|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Onion, chopped||1½ cups|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Lima beans, rinsed and drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, beans, salt, and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Pour soup into blender; puree until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and stir in evaporated milk. Heat thoroughly, top with fresh parsley.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||14 g|
|Vitamin A||8% DV|
|Vitamin C||45% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children