Ingredients and Preparation
|Baked potatoes, diced||2|
|Fat-free egg substitute||2 cups|
|Large tomato, seeded and diced||1|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Large onion, minced||1|
|Trans fat-free margarine||2 teaspoons|
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, cook the potatoes, onions, tomatoes, parsley, and garlic in the oil until most of liquid has evaporated from the tomatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in eggs.
- Wipe out the frying pan, then place it over medium-high heat and let stand for about 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon margarine and swirl the pan to distribute.
- Add half of the egg mixture; lift and rotate pan so that the eggs are evenly distributed.
- As the eggs set around the edges, lift them to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook until the top is set. Invert onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon margarine and egg mixture.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||20% DV|
|Vitamin C||40% DV|
Current Research From Top Journals