|Baked potatoes, diced||2|
|Fat-free egg substitute||2 cups|
|Large tomato, seeded and diced||1|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Large onion, minced||1|
|Trans fat-free margarine||2 teaspoons|
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, cook the potatoes, onions, tomatoes, parsley, and garlic in the oil until most of liquid has evaporated from the tomatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in eggs.
- Wipe out the frying pan, then place it over medium-high heat and let stand for about 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon margarine and swirl the pan to distribute.
- Add half of the egg mixture; lift and rotate pan so that the eggs are evenly distributed.
- As the eggs set around the edges, lift them to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook until the top is set. Invert onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon margarine and egg mixture.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||20% DV|
|Vitamin C||40% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery