|Baked potatoes, diced||2|
|Fat-free egg substitute||2 cups|
|Large tomato, seeded and diced||1|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 tablespoons|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Large onion, minced||1|
|Trans fat-free margarine||2 teaspoons|
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, cook the potatoes, onions, tomatoes, parsley, and garlic in the oil until most of liquid has evaporated from the tomatoes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in eggs.
- Wipe out the frying pan, then place it over medium-high heat and let stand for about 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon margarine and swirl the pan to distribute.
- Add half of the egg mixture; lift and rotate pan so that the eggs are evenly distributed.
- As the eggs set around the edges, lift them to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook until the top is set. Invert onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon margarine and egg mixture.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||20% DV|
|Vitamin C||40% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children