|Country style whole grain bread||4 slices|
|Garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped||2|
|Italian parsley, finely chopped||4 tablespoons|
|Hot red pepper flakes||¼ teaspoon|
|Egg substitute, lightly beaten||1 cup|
|Large tomato, cored and finely diced||2|
|Fresh ground black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||12|
|Low fat cheddar cheese||½ cup|
- Lightly toast slices of bread in toaster. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place butter into a medium-size sauté pan over low heat.
- When the butter melts, add the garlic, parsley, hot pepper flakes, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir slowly over low heat until the mixture starts to form small curds. Be careful not to overcook.
- Gently fold in the tomatoes and cook until set; add salt and pepper.
- Arrange and divide the egg mixture onto the 4 slices of toasted bread.
- Top each with basil leaves and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Ida Rodriguez for Melissa's Variety Produce
|Serving Size||1 sandwich|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13 g|
|Vitamin A||90% DV|
|Vitamin C||50% DV|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia