|Frozen spinach, thawed & dry||1 box (10 ounces)|
|Chopped pimentos||1 cup|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped scallions||¼ cup|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||2 tablespoons|
|Fat-free egg substitute||2 cups|
|Trans fat-free margarine||2 teaspoon|
|Diced tomatoes||½ cup|
- Chop spinach; place in medium bowl and add the pimentos and thyme.
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, sauté the scallions in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture and warm through. Return to the bowl, add mozzarella, and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
- Place the frying pan over medium-high heat and let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon margarine and swirl the pan to distribute it. Add half of the eggs (1 cup egg substitute).
- Lift and rotate the pan so that the eggs are evenly distributed.
- As the eggs set around the edges, lift them to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- When the eggs are mostly set but not dry (in 2 to 3 minutes), spread half of the spinach mixture over the eggs.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelet in half. Cut in half and transfer to individual dishes. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon margarine, eggs, and spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of tomatoes.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||80% DV|
|Vitamin C||100% DV|
Health and medical shows are some of the most popular talk shows on television. The hosts, highlighted as experts, offer a plethora of information but this study has found that almost half of those recommendations have little research support.
Strength Training, Tai Chi, and Aerobics May Improve Balance in People With Knee Osteoarthritis
Exercise During Pregnancy May Decrease the Risk of Cesarean Birth
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight