|Frozen spinach, thawed & dry||1 box (10 ounces)|
|Chopped pimentos||1 cup|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped scallions||¼ cup|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||2 tablespoons|
|Fat-free egg substitute||2 cups|
|Trans fat-free margarine||2 teaspoon|
|Diced tomatoes||½ cup|
- Chop spinach; place in medium bowl and add the pimentos and thyme.
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, sauté the scallions in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture and warm through. Return to the bowl, add mozzarella, and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
- Place the frying pan over medium-high heat and let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon margarine and swirl the pan to distribute it. Add half of the eggs (1 cup egg substitute).
- Lift and rotate the pan so that the eggs are evenly distributed.
- As the eggs set around the edges, lift them to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- When the eggs are mostly set but not dry (in 2 to 3 minutes), spread half of the spinach mixture over the eggs.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelet in half. Cut in half and transfer to individual dishes. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon margarine, eggs, and spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of tomatoes.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||80% DV|
|Vitamin C||100% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery