|Frozen spinach, thawed & dry||1 box (10 ounces)|
|Chopped pimentos||1 cup|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped scallions||¼ cup|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||2 tablespoons|
|Fat-free egg substitute||2 cups|
|Trans fat-free margarine||2 teaspoon|
|Diced tomatoes||½ cup|
- Chop spinach; place in medium bowl and add the pimentos and thyme.
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, sauté the scallions in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture and warm through. Return to the bowl, add mozzarella, and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
- Place the frying pan over medium-high heat and let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon margarine and swirl the pan to distribute it. Add half of the eggs (1 cup egg substitute).
- Lift and rotate the pan so that the eggs are evenly distributed.
- As the eggs set around the edges, lift them to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- When the eggs are mostly set but not dry (in 2 to 3 minutes), spread half of the spinach mixture over the eggs.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelet in half. Cut in half and transfer to individual dishes. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon margarine, eggs, and spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of tomatoes.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 2; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||80% DV|
|Vitamin C||100% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery