|Green bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Red bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Yellow bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Sweet onion, diced||1/2 cup|
|Mushrooms, sliced||1/2 cup|
|Canola oil||1 tablespoon|
|Fat-free milk||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese, finely grated||2 tablespoons|
|Cucumbers, diced||1/2 cup|
|Cayenne pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 teaspoon|
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and sweet onions until translucent and aromatic.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook thoroughly.
- Add all of the bell peppers and cook slightly. Be careful not to overcook or they will lose their crispness.
- Fill and roll the crepes.
- To make sauce, heat a medium-size pan over high heat. When hot, add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the cucumbers and quickly sauté just to soften slightly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare white sauce by mixing together milk, cornstarch, parmesan cheese, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
- Cook slowly, over low to medium heat, stirring frequently until sauce is semi-thick and smooth.
- Add cucumbers and pour over prepared crepes.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Tom Fraker for Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||30% DV|
|Vitamin C||150% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children