|Green bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Red bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Yellow bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Sweet onion, diced||1/2 cup|
|Mushrooms, sliced||1/2 cup|
|Canola oil||1 tablespoon|
|Fat-free milk||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese, finely grated||2 tablespoons|
|Cucumbers, diced||1/2 cup|
|Cayenne pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 teaspoon|
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and sweet onions until translucent and aromatic.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook thoroughly.
- Add all of the bell peppers and cook slightly. Be careful not to overcook or they will lose their crispness.
- Fill and roll the crepes.
- To make sauce, heat a medium-size pan over high heat. When hot, add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the cucumbers and quickly sauté just to soften slightly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare white sauce by mixing together milk, cornstarch, parmesan cheese, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
- Cook slowly, over low to medium heat, stirring frequently until sauce is semi-thick and smooth.
- Add cucumbers and pour over prepared crepes.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Tom Fraker for Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||30% DV|
|Vitamin C||150% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery