|Green bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Red bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Yellow bell pepper, diced||1/2 cup|
|Sweet onion, diced||1/2 cup|
|Mushrooms, sliced||1/2 cup|
|Canola oil||1 tablespoon|
|Fat-free milk||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese, finely grated||2 tablespoons|
|Cucumbers, diced||1/2 cup|
|Cayenne pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 teaspoon|
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and sweet onions until translucent and aromatic.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook thoroughly.
- Add all of the bell peppers and cook slightly. Be careful not to overcook or they will lose their crispness.
- Fill and roll the crepes.
- To make sauce, heat a medium-size pan over high heat. When hot, add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the cucumbers and quickly sauté just to soften slightly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare white sauce by mixing together milk, cornstarch, parmesan cheese, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
- Cook slowly, over low to medium heat, stirring frequently until sauce is semi-thick and smooth.
- Add cucumbers and pour over prepared crepes.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Tom Fraker for Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||30% DV|
|Vitamin C||150% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations