Winter Squash Pancakes
Ingredients and Preparation
|Winter squash sampler, mashed and cooked||2 cups|
|Brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Fat free milk||1 cup|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Unbleached white flour||½ cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Pinch fresh grated nutmeg||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chopped chives||2 tablespoons|
|Cooking spray||3 sprays|
- Beat the squash with the brown sugar, milk and egg substitute until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir the dry ingredients into the squash mixture just until combined. Fold in the chives.
- Heat a griddle or heavy skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Drop the batter onto the hot skillet by heaping tablespoonfuls. Lightly oil a spatula and flatten the pancakes. When they are golden brown on the bottom, flip them.
- As they brown on the other side, transfer them to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest of the batter.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Jesse Ziff Cool for Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||120% DV|
|Vitamin C||20% DV|
Current Research From Top Journals