|Winter squash sampler, mashed and cooked||2 cups|
|Brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Fat free milk||1 cup|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Unbleached white flour||½ cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Pinch fresh grated nutmeg||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chopped chives||2 tablespoons|
|Cooking spray||3 sprays|
- Beat the squash with the brown sugar, milk and egg substitute until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir the dry ingredients into the squash mixture just until combined. Fold in the chives.
- Heat a griddle or heavy skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Drop the batter onto the hot skillet by heaping tablespoonfuls. Lightly oil a spatula and flatten the pancakes. When they are golden brown on the bottom, flip them.
- As they brown on the other side, transfer them to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest of the batter.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Jesse Ziff Cool for Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||120% DV|
|Vitamin C||20% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea