|Winter squash sampler, mashed and cooked||2 cups|
|Brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Fat free milk||1 cup|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Unbleached white flour||½ cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Pinch fresh grated nutmeg||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chopped chives||2 tablespoons|
|Cooking spray||3 sprays|
- Beat the squash with the brown sugar, milk and egg substitute until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Stir the dry ingredients into the squash mixture just until combined. Fold in the chives.
- Heat a griddle or heavy skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Drop the batter onto the hot skillet by heaping tablespoonfuls. Lightly oil a spatula and flatten the pancakes. When they are golden brown on the bottom, flip them.
- As they brown on the other side, transfer them to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest of the batter.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Jesse Ziff Cool for Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||120% DV|
|Vitamin C||20% DV|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission