|Yams or sweet potatoes||2 medium (about 8 ounces)|
|Fat-free chicken stock||2 tablespoons|
|Dried dill||½ teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1½ cups|
- Peel the yams or sweet potatoes, and slice into ¾ inch chunks. Place in a 1½ quart casserole dish.
- Trim the leeks, slit lengthwise, and wash well to remove all grit. Coarsely chop and add to the dish.
- Stir in the stock and dill.
- Cover the dish with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the yams or sweet potatoes are just tender.
- Let stand for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender.
- Pour the milk into a 2 cup glass container and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until warm. Add to the blender and puree.
- Serve warm.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 1; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Produce for Better Health
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children