|Yams or sweet potatoes||2 medium (about 8 ounces)|
|Fat-free chicken stock||2 tablespoons|
|Dried dill||½ teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1½ cups|
- Peel the yams or sweet potatoes, and slice into ¾ inch chunks. Place in a 1½ quart casserole dish.
- Trim the leeks, slit lengthwise, and wash well to remove all grit. Coarsely chop and add to the dish.
- Stir in the stock and dill.
- Cover the dish with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the yams or sweet potatoes are just tender.
- Let stand for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender.
- Pour the milk into a 2 cup glass container and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until warm. Add to the blender and puree.
- Serve warm.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 1; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Produce for Better Health
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms