|Yams or sweet potatoes||2 medium (about 8 ounces)|
|Fat-free chicken stock||2 tablespoons|
|Dried dill||½ teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1½ cups|
- Peel the yams or sweet potatoes, and slice into ¾ inch chunks. Place in a 1½ quart casserole dish.
- Trim the leeks, slit lengthwise, and wash well to remove all grit. Coarsely chop and add to the dish.
- Stir in the stock and dill.
- Cover the dish with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until the yams or sweet potatoes are just tender.
- Let stand for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender.
- Pour the milk into a 2 cup glass container and microwave on high for 2 minutes, or until warm. Add to the blender and puree.
- Serve warm.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 1; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Produce for Better Health
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea