|Vegetable bouillon, low sodium||1 cube|
|White potatoes, cut in 2-inch strips||2 cups|
|Carrots, sliced||2 cups|
|Summer squash, cut in 1-inch squares||4 cups|
|Summer squash, cut in 4 chunks||1 cup|
|Sweet corn, rinsed and drained (or 2 ears fresh corn; 1½ cups)||1 15-ounce can|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Scallion, chopped||1 stalk|
|Small hot pepper, chopped||½|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Tomatoes, diced||1 cup|
- Heat water and bouillon in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots to the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes and continue cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove 4 chunks of squash and purée in blender.
- Return puréed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let sit for 10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.
|Serving Size||1¼ cups|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea