|Vegetable bouillon, low sodium||1 cube|
|White potatoes, cut in 2-inch strips||2 cups|
|Carrots, sliced||2 cups|
|Summer squash, cut in 1-inch squares||4 cups|
|Summer squash, cut in 4 chunks||1 cup|
|Sweet corn, rinsed and drained (or 2 ears fresh corn; 1½ cups)||1 15-ounce can|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Scallion, chopped||1 stalk|
|Small hot pepper, chopped||½|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||1 cup|
|Tomatoes, diced||1 cup|
- Heat water and bouillon in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots to the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes and continue cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove 4 chunks of squash and purée in blender.
- Return puréed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame and let sit for 10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.
|Serving Size||1¼ cups|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children