|Tomato paste (3 ounces)||5 tablespoons|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Vinegar, white||4 teaspoons|
|Cayenne pepper||¾ teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Ginger, grated||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chicken, skinless (breasts, drumsticks)||1½ pounds|
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken on a large platter.
- Brush chicken with ½ of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn oven to 350°F, and add the remaining sauce to the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
|Serving Size||½ breast or 2 small drumsticks|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery