|Tomato paste (3 ounces)||5 tablespoons|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 teaspoon|
|Vinegar, white||4 teaspoons|
|Cayenne pepper||¾ teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Ginger, grated||1/8 teaspoon|
|Chicken, skinless (breasts, drumsticks)||1½ pounds|
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken on a large platter.
- Brush chicken with ½ of sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Turn oven to 350°F, and add the remaining sauce to the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
|Serving Size||½ breast or 2 small drumsticks|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children