|White sugar||¼ cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Buttermilk, 1% fat||1 cup|
|Margarine, regular, tub||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil (to grease baking pan)||1 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Beat lightly.
- Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and mix by hand or with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in an 8-by-8 inch greased baking dish. Cool. Cut into 10 squares.
|Serving Size||1 square|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children