|White sugar||¼ cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Buttermilk, 1% fat||1 cup|
|Margarine, regular, tub||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil (to grease baking pan)||1 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Beat lightly.
- Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and mix by hand or with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in an 8-by-8 inch greased baking dish. Cool. Cut into 10 squares.
|Serving Size||1 square|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery