|Whole wheat flour to sprinkle on working surface|
|Refrigerated pizza crust||1 can (10 ounces)|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Low-fat ricotta cheese||½ cup|
|Dried basil||½ teaspoon|
|Small onion, minced||1|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Salt (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||4 ounces|
|Chopped mushrooms||2 cups|
|Large red pepper, cut into strips||1|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread whole-wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt. Spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for 13-15 minutes until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.
|Serving Size||2 slices (¼ of pie)|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children