|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Medium onions, chopped||2|
|Garlic cloves, minced||4|
|Celery stalks, diced||2|
|Medium red or green peppers, cut into strips||2|
|Chopped mushrooms||1 cup|
|Uncooked rice||2 cups|
|Chicken, cut into 8 pieces, skin removed||3 pounds|
|Salt (optional)||1 teaspoon|
|Chicken broth, fat removed||3½ cups|
|Water with saffron (Sazón) for color||4 cups|
|Medium tomatoes, chopped||3|
|Frozen peas||1 cup|
|Frozen corn||1 cup|
|Frozen green beans||1 cup|
|Olives or capers for garnish, if desired|
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a nonstick pot. Add the onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the rice and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until it begins to brown.
- Add the chicken, salt, chicken broth, water, saffron (Sazón), and tomatoes. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer.
- Cover the pot and let the casserole simmer until the water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, corn, and beans, and cook for 8-10 minutes. When everything is hot the casserole is ready to serve. Garnish with olives or capers, if desired.
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad, Whole Wheat Bread
|Serving Size||1 cup|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission