|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Medium onion, sliced||1|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Large tomato, slice very thin||1|
|Canned, crushed tomatoes||1 cup|
|Dried basil||1½ teaspoons|
|Dried oregano||1½ teaspoons|
|Salt (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
|Medium eggplant, sliced very thin||1|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||8 ounces|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to an 8 x 8 or 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the crushed tomato, basil, oregano, and salt, and cook gently over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread a layer of this mixture over the onion layer.
- Add a layer of eggplant and follow with a layer of tomato.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over top.
- Repeat layers of eggplant, tomato, and cheese until you use all ingredients. Finish with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes, or until layer of cheese is light brown.
|Serving Size||1 slice lasagna (1 cup)|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission