|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Medium onion, sliced||1|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Large tomato, slice very thin||1|
|Canned, crushed tomatoes||1 cup|
|Dried basil||1½ teaspoons|
|Dried oregano||1½ teaspoons|
|Salt (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
|Medium eggplant, sliced very thin||1|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||8 ounces|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to an 8 x 8 or 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the crushed tomato, basil, oregano, and salt, and cook gently over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread a layer of this mixture over the onion layer.
- Add a layer of eggplant and follow with a layer of tomato.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over top.
- Repeat layers of eggplant, tomato, and cheese until you use all ingredients. Finish with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes, or until layer of cheese is light brown.
|Serving Size||1 slice lasagna (1 cup)|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea