|Medium yams||1½ cups|
|Brown sugar, packed||¼ cup|
|Flour, sifted||1 teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||¼ teaspoon|
|Orange peel||¼ teaspoon|
|Soft tub margarine||1 teaspoon|
|Orange juice||½ cup|
- Cut yams in half and boil until tender, but firm (about 20 minutes). When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into ¼-inch thickness.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
- Place half of the sliced yams in a medium-sized casserole dish. Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
- Dot with half the amount of margarine.
- Add a second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the same order as above. Add orange juice.
- Bake uncovered in oven preheated to 350°F for 20 minutes.
|Serving Size||¼ cup|
|less than 1 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea