|Medium yams||1½ cups|
|Brown sugar, packed||¼ cup|
|Flour, sifted||1 teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||¼ teaspoon|
|Orange peel||¼ teaspoon|
|Soft tub margarine||1 teaspoon|
|Orange juice||½ cup|
- Cut yams in half and boil until tender, but firm (about 20 minutes). When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into ¼-inch thickness.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
- Place half of the sliced yams in a medium-sized casserole dish. Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
- Dot with half the amount of margarine.
- Add a second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the same order as above. Add orange juice.
- Bake uncovered in oven preheated to 350°F for 20 minutes.
|Serving Size||¼ cup|
|less than 1 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children