|Lean beef or turkey breast cut into cubes||1 pound|
|Whole wheat flour|
|Salt (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1½ tablespoons|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Medium onions, sliced||2|
|Celery, sliced||2 stalks|
|Medium red/green bell pepper, sliced||1|
|Medium tomato, finely minced||1|
|Beef or turkey broth, fat removed||5 cups|
|Small potatoes, peeled and cubed||5|
|Green peas||1¼ cups|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix the whole wheat flour with salt, pepper, and cumin, and roll the beef or turkey cubes in the mixture. Shake off excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef or turkey cubes and sauté until nicely brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Place the beef or turkey in an ovenproof casserole.
- Add minced garlic, onions, celery, and peppers to the skillet and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato and broth. Bring to a boil and pour over the turkey or beef pieces. Cover the casserole tightly and bake for 1 hour at 375°F.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the potatoes, carrots, and peas. Bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
|Serving Size||3 ounces of beef with 1 cup vegetables|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission