|Lean beef or turkey breast cut into cubes||1 pound|
|Whole wheat flour|
|Salt (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1½ tablespoons|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Medium onions, sliced||2|
|Celery, sliced||2 stalks|
|Medium red/green bell pepper, sliced||1|
|Medium tomato, finely minced||1|
|Beef or turkey broth, fat removed||5 cups|
|Small potatoes, peeled and cubed||5|
|Green peas||1¼ cups|
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix the whole wheat flour with salt, pepper, and cumin, and roll the beef or turkey cubes in the mixture. Shake off excess flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef or turkey cubes and sauté until nicely brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Place the beef or turkey in an ovenproof casserole.
- Add minced garlic, onions, celery, and peppers to the skillet and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato and broth. Bring to a boil and pour over the turkey or beef pieces. Cover the casserole tightly and bake for 1 hour at 375°F.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the potatoes, carrots, and peas. Bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
|Serving Size||3 ounces of beef with 1 cup vegetables|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children