|White sugar||¾ cup|
|Packed brown sugar||¾ cup|
|Eggs||1 whole egg and 1 egg white|
|Vanilla extract||2 teaspoons|
|All-purpose flour||3 cups|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Hot water||2 teaspoons|
|Mini chocolate chips||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine applesauce, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are nicely browned.
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery