|White sugar||¾ cup|
|Packed brown sugar||¾ cup|
|Eggs||1 whole egg and 1 egg white|
|Vanilla extract||2 teaspoons|
|All-purpose flour||3 cups|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Hot water||2 teaspoons|
|Mini chocolate chips||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine applesauce, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are nicely browned.
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children