Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies
Substitutions, like applesauce instead of butter, lower the amount of fat and calories compared to traditional chocolate chip cookie recipes.
Ingredients and Preparation
|White sugar||¾ cup|
|Packed brown sugar||¾ cup|
|Eggs||1 whole egg and 1 egg white|
|Vanilla extract||2 teaspoons|
|All-purpose flour||3 cups|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Hot water||2 teaspoons|
|Mini chocolate chips||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine applesauce, white sugar, andbrown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at atime, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda inhot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour,chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfulsonto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutesin the preheated oven or until edges are nicely browned.