|Medium baking potatoes||4|
|Low-fat (1%) cottage cheese||¾ cup|
|Low-fat (1%) milk||¼ cup|
|Soft margarine||2 tablespoons|
|Dill weed||1 teaspoon|
|Herb seasoning||¾ teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||4-6 drops|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 teaspoons|
- Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425ºF for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato leaving about ½ inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
- Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Sprinkle top with ¼ teaspoon parmesan cheese.
- Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
|Serving Size||½ potato each|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery