|Mashed cooked sweet potato||1 cup|
|Mashed banana (about 2 small)||½ cup|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 cup|
|Packed brown sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Beaten egg yolks (or 1/3 cup egg substitute)||2|
|Nonstick cooking spray as needed|
|Ground cinnamon||1 teaspoon|
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
- Add milk, blending well.
- Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray a 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet potato mixture to casserole dish.
- Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 325ºF oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery