|Uncooked small seashell macaroni (9 cups cooked)||1 pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Cider vinegar||½ cup|
|Wine vinegar||½ cup|
|Water||Enough to boil pasta + ½ cup|
|Prepared mustard||3 tablespoons|
|Black pepper and salt to taste|
|Sliced pimentos||2-ounce jar|
|Small onions thinly sliced||2|
- Cook macaroni in unsalted water, drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Stir in oil.
- Transfer to 4-quart bowl. Place sugar, vinegars, water, prepared mustard, salt, pepper, and pimento in blender. Process at low speed for 15-20 seconds, or just enough so flecks of pimento can be seen. Pour over macaroni.
- Score cucumber peel with fork tines. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then slice thinly. Add to pasta with onion slices. Toss well.
- Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 24 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Drain and serve on lettuce.
|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery