|Medium green peppers, cut into 1½-inch squares||3|
|Fresh bay scallops||1½ pounds|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 pint|
|Dry white wine||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cup|
|Lemon juice||3 tablespoons|
|Dash of garlic powder|
|Black pepper to taste|
- Perboil green peppers for 2 minutes.
- Alternately thread first three ingredients on skewers.
- Combine next five ingredients.
- Brush kabobs with wine/oil/lemon mixture, place on grill (or under broiler).
- Grill 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
|Serving Size||6-ounce scallop kabob|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery