|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||¼ cup|
|Celery, coarsely chopped||½ cup|
|Carrots, sliced||1 cup|
|Potatoes, raw, peeled, cubed||2 cups|
|Bottled clam juice||2 cups|
|Fresh or frozen (and thawed) cod or haddock fillets, cut into ¾-inch cubes||1 pound|
|Lowfat milk||3 cups|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and celery, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, thyme, paprika, and clam broth. Wrap peppercorns and bay leaf in cheese cloth. Add to pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, then add fish and simmer for an added 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and is opaque.
- Remove fish and vegetables. Break fish into chunks. Bring broth to boil and continue boiling until volume is reduced to 1 cup. Remove bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Shake flour and 1/2 cup lowfat milk in container with tight-fitting lid until smooth. Add to broth in saucepan, along with remaining milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and is thickened.
- Return vegetables and fish chunks to stock and heat thoroughly. Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission