|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Onion, coarsely chopped||¼ cup|
|Celery, coarsely chopped||½ cup|
|Carrots, sliced||1 cup|
|Potatoes, raw, peeled, cubed||2 cups|
|Bottled clam juice||2 cups|
|Fresh or frozen (and thawed) cod or haddock fillets, cut into ¾-inch cubes||1 pound|
|Lowfat milk||3 cups|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and celery, and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, thyme, paprika, and clam broth. Wrap peppercorns and bay leaf in cheese cloth. Add to pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, then add fish and simmer for an added 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and is opaque.
- Remove fish and vegetables. Break fish into chunks. Bring broth to boil and continue boiling until volume is reduced to 1 cup. Remove bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Shake flour and 1/2 cup lowfat milk in container with tight-fitting lid until smooth. Add to broth in saucepan, along with remaining milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and is thickened.
- Return vegetables and fish chunks to stock and heat thoroughly. Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea