|Turkey breast with bones||6 pounds (with at least 2 cups meat)|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||½ teaspoon|
|Dried sage||½ teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||½ teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon||½ teaspoon|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Italian pastina or pasta||½ pound|
- Place turkey breast in large 6-quart pot. Cover with water until at least three quarters full.
- Peel onions, cut into large pieces, and add to pot. Wash celery stalks, slice, and add to pot.
- Simmer covered for about 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove carcass from pot. Divide soup into smaller, shallower containers for quick cooling in refrigerator.
- After cooling, skim off fat.
- While soup cools, remove remaining meat from turkey carcass. Cut into pieces.
- Add turkey meat to skimmed soup, along with herbs and spices.
- Bring to boil and add pastina. Continue cooking on low boil for about 20 minutes, until pastina is done. Serve at once or refrigerate for later reheating.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission