|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Celery, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Onion, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Green pepper, finely diced||2 tablespoons|
|Frozen whole kernel corn||1 package (10 ounces)|
|Raw potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch pieces||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||2 tablespoons|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Lowfat or skim milk||2 cups|
- Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add celery, onion, and green pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook covered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place 1/2 cup of milk in jar with tightfitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Gradually add milk-flour mixture to cooked vegetables. Then add remaining milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil and thickens. Serve garnished with chopped, fresh parsley.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children