|Chicken stock or broth, skim fat from top||1 cup|
|Uncooked long-grain white rice||1 1/3 cups|
|Vegetable oil||2 teaspoons|
|Finely chopped onion||2 tablespoons|
|Finely chopped green pepper||2 tablespoons|
|Chopped pecans||½ cup|
|Ground sage||¼ teaspoon|
|Finely chopped celery||1 cup|
|Sliced water chestnuts||½ cup|
|Black pepper to taste|
- Bring water and stock to a boil in medium-size saucepan.
- Add rice and stir. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Reserve.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Sauté onion and celery over moderate heat for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients including reserved cooked rice. Fluff with fork before serving.
|Serving Size||½ cup|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission