|Lean beef stew meat, trimmed of fat, cut in 1-inch pieces||1 ¼ pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Large onion, thinly sliced||1|
|Water||1 ½ cup|
|Caraway seeds||¾ teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|White vinegar||¼ cup|
|Small head red cabbage, cut into 4 wedges||½|
|Gingersnaps, crushed||¼ cup|
- Brown meat in oil in heavy skillet. Remove meat and sauté onion in remaining oil until golden. Return meat to skillet. Add water, caraway seeds, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- Add vinegar and sugar, and stir. Place cabbage on top of meat. Cover and simmer for an added 45 minutes.
- Remove meat and cabbage, arrange on platter, and keep warm.
- Strain drippings from skillet and skim off fat. Add enough water to drippings to yield 1 cup of liquid.
- Return to skillet with crushed gingersnaps. Cook and stir until thickened and mixture boils. Pour over meat and vegetables, and serve.
|Serving Size||5 oz|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission