|Vegetable oil||1 teaspoon|
|Low-sodium chicken broth||3 cups|
|Chicken breast, skinless and boneless, cut into 1 inch strips||1 ½ lbs|
|White potatoes, cubed||1 cup (½ lb)|
|Onions, chopped||1 cup|
|Carrots , coarsely chopped||1 cup (½ lb)|
|Celery, chopped||¼ cup|
|Medium carrot, grated||½|
|Garlic, finely minced||4 cloves|
|Scallion, chopped||2 stalks|
|Bay leaf||1 whole|
|Black pepper, ground||½ teaspoon|
|Hot (or jalapeño) pepper, chopped||2 teaspoons|
|Okra, sliced into 1 ½ inch pieces||1 cup (½ pound)|
- Add oil to a large pot.
- Heat pot over medium flame.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until flour begins to turn golden brown.
- Slowly stir in all the broth using a wire whisk and cook for 2 minutes. The mixture should not be lumpy.
- Add all ingredients except okra. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add okra and let cook for 15 to 20 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot in a bowl or over rice.
|Serving Size||¾ cup|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission