|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||8|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Parboiled whole white onions||8|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8|
|Frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed||1 can (6 ounces)|
|Dry white wine||1 cup|
|Soy sauce, low sodium||2 tablespoons|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cups|
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper.
- Thread 8 skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
- Place kabobs in shallow pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.
|Serving Size||1/2 chicken breast kabob|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery