|All-purpose flour, sifted||1 ½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 ½ teaspoons|
|Ground allspice||¼ teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Carrots, finely shredded||1 ½ cups|
|Chopped pecans||¼ cup|
|Golden raisins||¼ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
|Serving Size||½ inch slice|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children