|All-purpose flour, sifted||1 ½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 ½ teaspoons|
|Ground allspice||¼ teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Carrots, finely shredded||1 ½ cups|
|Chopped pecans||¼ cup|
|Golden raisins||¼ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
|Serving Size||½ inch slice|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Health and medical shows are some of the most popular talk shows on television. The hosts, highlighted as experts, offer a plethora of information but this study has found that almost half of those recommendations have little research support.
Strength Training, Tai Chi, and Aerobics May Improve Balance in People With Knee Osteoarthritis
Exercise During Pregnancy May Decrease the Risk of Cesarean Birth
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight