|All-purpose flour, sifted||1 ½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 ½ teaspoons|
|Ground allspice||¼ teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Carrots, finely shredded||1 ½ cups|
|Chopped pecans||¼ cup|
|Golden raisins||¼ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
|Serving Size||½ inch slice|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission