|All-purpose flour, sifted||1 ½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||¼ teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 ½ teaspoons|
|Ground allspice||¼ teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Carrots, finely shredded||1 ½ cups|
|Chopped pecans||¼ cup|
|Golden raisins||¼ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients; add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on a wire rack before slicing.
|Serving Size||½ inch slice|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery