|Cake flour||2 ¼ cups|
|Baking powder||2 ¼ teaspoons|
|Sugar||1 ¼ cups|
|Orange peel||1 tablespoon|
|Skim milk||¾ cup|
|Low fat cream cheese||3 ounces|
|Skim milk||2 tablespoons|
|Confectioners sugar, sifted||2 cups|
|Vanilla extract||½ teaspoon|
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease with small amount of cooking oil or use nonstick cooking oil spray on a 10-inch round pan (at least 2 ½ inches high). Powder pan with flour. Tap out excess flour.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange peel.
- Gradually add the flour mixture alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Let cake cool for 5 to 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before icing.
- Cream together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add cocoa. Blend well.
- Slowly add sugar until icing is smooth. Mix in vanilla.
- Smooth icing over top and sides of cooled cake.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children