|Dry black beans||1 pound|
|Medium green pepper, coarsely chopped||1|
|Chopped onion||1 ½ cups|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves, minced||1|
|Vinegar (or lemon juice)||1 tablespoon|
|Rice, cooked in unsalted water||6 cups|
|Sliced pimento, drained||1 jar (4 ounces)|
|Lemon, cut into wedges||1|
- Pick through beans to remove bad beans. Soak beans overnight in cold water. Drain and rinse.
- In large soup pot or dutch oven, stir together beans, water, green pepper, onion, oil, bay leaves, garlic, and salt. Cover and boil 1 hour.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3-4 hours or until beans are very tender. Stir occasionally and add water if needed.
- Remove about 1/3 of the beans, mash and return to pot. Stir and heat through.
- Remove bay leaves and stir in vinegar or lemon juice when ready to serve.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with sliced pimento and lemon wedges.
|Serving Size||8 oz|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms